Thursday, March 25, 2010

Mashed Potatoes


A full week passes us by. On Ben's end, there was paperwork, there was bill paying, there was flying.

We planted sticks that will become trees, we hauled the playhouse we built up the stairs (that was interesting), we got to eat at some friends' house and they fed us a delicious American meal (I do love mashed potatoes. Zack does, too; but, that's it for our family; hence, we do not normally eat mashed potatoes. I know, I don't think it's right, either). And Ben got up at 5 am this morning to get ready for his flight. I heard his alarm at 5 am, as well, but I repeat, Ben got up at 5 am this morning.

One may often wonder what it's like living in the tropics (from the viewpoint of someone who is from a cooler climate), by the sea, even. I mean, I know I pondered that question many times. Really.

ok, no I didn't. But I will tell you just the same.

I will tell you the really cool things about it:

1. Only need one set of clothing--hot weather clothing
2. You can't kill plants easily. In fact, I put a couple sticks in the ground the other day and they are sprouting. And this coming from a truly gifted plant-killer....
3. Rain. Soaking, beautiful, fresh smelling rain.
4. Soft elbows, soft knees
5. Shakes are always in season
6. You get to see your babies growing (rather than bundled up all nice & snug in cold weather). I like seeing Zack's round belly and chubby legs. It's cute at that age.
7. There's always a fruit in season (if you aren't allergic to it)
8. You're socks last forever, cuz you never wear them. My kids wear socks maybe once a month.
9. In the Philippines only: Halo-halo
10. Did I mention that it's warm? All the time.



1 comment:

Shilo said...

Here's one to go with your socks. You get blisters within 2 minutes of putting on closed toed shoes because all you ever wear is flip flops and sandals!