Monday, March 1, 2010

Birthday Bashes

A week ago I turned 31. It was a really cool day.
I got to sleep in till 8 am
We went out to breakfast at the local coffee house and I had a very yummy Filipino breakfast
They played country music, my favorite, over the loudspeakers
They played my favorite song, "Love, me". They didn't know that was my favorite song.

We checked to see if cheesecakes were available at a local bakery. None were, so we went home and Ben made me a chocolate betty crocker cake on our stovetop. He frosted it and decorated it.
I opened my gift of a very fancy coffee press. I can now drink yummy coffee again.

We made one of our favorite meals and watched a family cartoon.

It was a very good day, indeed. I thoroughly enjoyed being with my family and just having fun.

And the rest...

And the week went fast. Ben had a flight last week, which went well. My days were full. Monday was talking with the US embassy and our office in Manila. Tuesday was for buying plane tickets (yes, it takes a good part of the day when you have to price shop); Wednesday was for receiving and sending a fax--which took a good part of 4 hours. Thursday was *FUN* visiting with a friend while our kids played. Friday was setting the house in order and getting a few food essentials (which was actually on Monday's list...). Saturday was playhouse building. It's almost done, and I'm very excited.

And that is our update.

1 comment:

Mary Ellen said...

Wow!! Sounds like you have been busy! Sorry, I forgot to wish you a happy B-day. It sounded like you had a good day.