Thursday, April 2, 2009

More on Life

Currently, Ben has a smattering of flights as a number of work teams have come to help out in various tribes. And while it's been HOT, these last couple of days have seen breeze, showers, and brief respites to the heat. It's also made it more interesting to fly.

Ben was flying one visitor into a tribal location. He gave him a heads up ahead of time that the approach to the airstrip there might feel close, but everything was fine. The visitor assured Ben he had been on a number of strips and wasn't at all concerned. After they landed, however, the visitor told Ben, 'Wow! That was cool'. I guess it was a bit more adventurous than he was expecting. I'm glad that my husband is good at his job.

And here I am, at 25 weeks. I squeezed in a trip to the doctor last week to begin the process of learning about having a baby here in our provincial city. I haven't been too keen on being in our little town to have the birth. But, people have babies here all the time, which I reckon is in their favor (the hospitals and doctors, that is).

Also checked out the hospital in town. Interesting cultural tidbit: not only can you check in to a deluxe super duper suite (I called it the presidential suite based on the price), you can also opt for the hallway rate. While I think I could have a number of good Tagalog discussions taking that last option, I think I'll opt for something in the middle. But, pray in this if you will. It's heavy on my heart, and there is no need for it to be, is there? The Good Lord already has it figured out, and He does a lot better figuring than I do...

3 comments:

Shilo said...

You look great, darling! I love the pic! I will be praying for the little pumpkins birth and all the details that go with it! Hang in there, mama! Love you!

Mary Ellen said...

You are all in my prayers. Love the updates. How is the puppy?

Nicole said...

Just wanted you to know that Brice and I are praying for you also. Have a wonderful Easter!